Apply For Help
If you or someone you know is struggling with homelessness or housing-related crisis, call us at 724-846-6400 or click here to complete a brief assessment form.
During the current COVID-19 crisis, we are not able to accept walk-in appointments. In response to your call or your online form completion, a member of the TCBC team will conduct a phone interview with you and determine available resources and guide you through next steps.
Please have the following documentation on hand:
- Photo ID for all adults living in the household
- Social Security Cards for all adults AND children living in the household
- Birth certificates for all children living in the household
- Proof of income, including paystubs dated within 30 days of intake, SSI or SSDI statements for any household members, child support statement, proof of Department of Public Welfare benefits, including TANF or Food Stamps
- Housing or utility information, including eviction notice, letter from landlord with eviction date, letter from agency on letterhead that you are living in shelter or transitional housing, utility company shut-off notice, and a copy of your lease